As with oil paintings, the restoration of old picture frames can be a long and detailed process. In most cases, the restoration usually takes between 4 to 6 weeks at a minimum. A frame restoration may include a single repair (such as a broken corner) or a complete frame remake, which may include casting, sanding, carving, rejoining, gilding and finishes.
Components that may be included in the restoration of an antique picture frame:
- Molding/Casting missing pieces
- Rejoining open corners
- Securing loose or broken pieces
- Recreating missing pieces or parts of frame
- Sanding, stripping, staining and/or painting
- Metal or Gold leaf
- Gilding (application of the leaf)
- Photo Documentation of restoration process
All price quotes are free of charge. Come by or email us with your frame restorations needs.
Our Philosophy on Frame Restoration
We understand that frames brought to us for repair and/or restoration have a history that is very personal and dear to those who own the frames. Our aim is to do as much or as little as it will take to give our customers their perfect frame.